Looking back, to 2012, there's a lot that happened that's pretty cool. This might go a little out of order, but I think people should be able to deal. First, my two best friends got married, and not to mention a few other couples who also got engaged - I think the rule is that if you know a lot of people getting married, you're officially old. The other rule is if a lot of your friends are welcoming their own children into this world, it's an even greater indicator that you're getting old - and there were a few this year. The Broncos picked up Peyton Manning for which has caused me such incredible amounts of joy (11 game winning streak so far, and the #1 AFC seed). I had a great trip up to Seattle in June where I got to help my sister move onto [hopefully] the next part of her life, and see old friends while up there, and then some more folks as I was winding my way back down the west coast (and managed to pick up a speeding ticket, gross). Steubenville San Diego came and went with more craziness than I've ever remembered, but also with a greater sense of spiritual peace than I've ever felt before - I like the move to USD, even if it can be a bit cramped. And with one of my roommates moving out due to marriage, we looked for another guy - and found someone who fit in perfectly; pretty much every point I hit in the craigslist ad he matched nicely.
Looking forward, this year also promises to be pretty good - with the weddings of the aforementioned engaged couples in standout position again this year. Steubenville SD should be less crazy this year with a year at USD under our belts, and hopefully I can finish off the software I was writing to make dorm assignment a breeze.
Lastly, there's a few things I want to make sure happen this year - resolutions, we'll say.
- First is to go to a retreat where I'm being led and fed, instead of any kind of logistical planning or leading.
- Second is to learn the following prayers (I know, I know, I should already know them): The Memorare, The Angelus, the prayer to St. Michael the Archangel and St. Patrick's Breastplate.
- Third, to write more (I even set up a blog, so you know I'm serious...); whether it's blogging or short stories, or whatever
- Fourth (okay, this is seeming like a lot, but it's really not), to complete not only a desk but a bed frame.
- Finish the room assignment software for Steubenville
- And, finally, to have enough money set aside solely for a trip to Ireland - I may not get there this year, but I want to make it happen sooner rather than later